We are a local Locksmith, Security and Garage Door Company that provides emergency, commercial, residential, automotive locksmith and electronic security services as well as garage door services. We are currently hiring an additional locksmith, security technician and garage door installers to add to our Company located in the Seattle area. We are looking for a well-mannered individual with excellent customer service and communication skills, someone who understands the details involved in the locksmith, security and overhead door trade, and works well under pressure.
Under general supervision, perform intermediate-level work in the installation, repair, remodel and maintenance of mechanical and electronic locks, locking systems and exit devices, low voltage access control systems, automatic door closers, electrified hardware, and car key FOBs programming, garage doors and openers installation, repair and service.
The technician installs, repairs and adjusts all types of locks and their components for residential, commercial, government and industrial customers; cuts and issues keys; duplicates keys, replaces and re-keys locks as necessary, and ensures that all security devices are in adequate working condition; maintains and repairs automatic door closers; cuts and programs automotive keys and FOBs; services and maintains safes; inspects completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations, installs and maintains garage doors and openers.
Compensation is directly related to the candidates experience and qualifications. Company provides health insurance, uniform, tools and work vehicle for business purposes.
1. Install, repair and maintain commercial lockable hardware for doors, gates, lockers, cabinets, etc.
2. Install and/or modify hardware for locks.
3. Design and maintain master key system with assistance from supervision.
4. Cuts and programs automotive keys.
5. Programs key FOBs.
6. Estimate cost of labor and materials for projects or work orders; requisition parts or supplies as needed.
7. Operate a variety of equipment and machines, including key cutting equipment, car key programmers and various hand or power tools, including, but not limited to, a drill press, lathe, grinder or code machine.
8. Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service. Includes occasional after hours and weekend work per an on-call schedule.
9. Assists and serves as back up to other employees as required.
10. Maintain cooperative working relationships with other technicians, supervision and customers. Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse customer base.
11. Installs, repairs and service garage doors.
12. Installs and repairs garage door openers.
1. Valid Driver’s license
2. Ability to work from plans and specifications.
3. Knowledge of methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment;
4. Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. (unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
5. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades.
6. Work safely with electrical and other environmental hazards.
7. Provide a Valid Department of Motor Vehicles driving report
8. Able to undergo a comprehensive background check
9. Able to pass a drug screen
• Entry or mid-level locksmith in a commercial, industrial, or facilities operations experience
• Possess Low Voltage Electrical License valid in the state of Washington
• Completion, of a private (in-house), military, or trade school apprenticeship program that includes theory and on-the-job work training in the locksmith or access control field
• Knowledge of control access programs and ability to program and issue key cards; implements, troubleshoots, repairs and programs
• Possess Associated Locksmiths of America (ALOA) certification
If you think you would be a good fit for this position please respond to email@example.com with your resume, include any and all education, experiences, certifications, and a recommendation letter or references.